Minecraft: What is Attack of the B-Team?
Attack of the B-Team is a pack of mods for Minecraft chosen by two Minecraft YouTube personalities, BDoubleO100 and GenerikB, known as the B-Team in some of their videos. The pack is available through the Technic Platform, creators of previous modpacks such as Tekkit and Hexxit. According to Technic, Attack of the B-Team "was designed with one thing in mind, crazy mad science! With the help of the B-Team we hand picked the wackiest mods we could find and shoved them all in a modpack for you guys."
Many things are readily apparent from the early moments of a new game such as morphing into the shape of any mob you kill, finding a strange looking tree, or getting attacked by a zombie with a top hat. This is not the vanilla Minecraft you are used to! There are new plants to harvest, new mobs to kill, new tools to make, machines to build, and hundreds of new blocks to play with.
In my short time playing Attack of the B-Team so far, I have only begun to scratch the surface of what it offers. There are so many possibilities and mods to explore that it can be quite overwhelming. The mod that I have latched onto the most so far is Tinkers Construct. This mod allows you to make dozens of useful tools and weapons with unique properties. It is simple to start with, yet it has a lot of depth to explore if you want to create tools out of the best materials. I have also experimented with a few of the mods centered around building things such as the Carpenter's Blocks and Chisel mods. Both allow for tons of customization and control over the look of your structures. There are a ton of other mods I look forward to exploring in the future such as Archimedes Ships, Advanced Genetics, and Open Blocks.
If you enjoyed the video, please give it a Like on YouTube!
Modded Minecraft offers many things that the core game just cannot do. Mods can make the game feel fresh again or just offer an alternate experience. If you've grown tired of the vanilla Minecraft experience or if you're just looking for another toy box full of things to play with, Attack of the B-Team probably has you covered.
List of mods included in Attack of the B-Team:
- Advanced Genetics by ObsiLP
- Archimedes Ships by Balkondeur Alpha
- Artifice by Shukaro
- Biomes o' Plenty by TDWP_FTW
- Carpenter's Blocks by Mineshopper
- Chisel by AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN, Darwin by Manchou
- Dragon Mounts by BarracudaATA
- Enhanced Portals 2 by Alz454
- Flan's Mod w/ Parts Pack/Modern Warfare/Titan Pack by jamioflan
- Food Plus by JoseTheCrafter
- Fossils and Archaeology: Re-Ported by Team July/Ported by CannibalVox
- Galacticraft by Micdoodle8
- Hamsterrific by Razzleberry Fox
- Hamsters Forever by CannibalVox
- Hats by iChun, Liquid XP by immibis
- Map Writer by Davey Liam
- Minecraft Minions by AtomicStryker
- Minefactory Reloaded by skyboy
- Morph by iChun
- Mr. Crayfish's Furniture Mod by Mr. Crayfish
- Natura by mDiyo
- Not Enough Items by Chicken Bones
- NEI Plugins by Mistaqur
- Open Blocks by Mikeemoo
- Project Red: by Mr. TJP and Chicken Bones
- qCraft by Dan200
- Random Things by lumien
- Saintspack (Dubstep Gun) by Thieves
- Secret Rooms by AbrarSyed
- Statues by AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN
- Sync by iChun
- The Necromancy Mod by sirolf2009/Ported by CannibalVox
- Thermal Expansion by King Lemming
- Tinkers Construct by mDiyo
- Trailmix by iChun
- Tropicraft by The Tropicraft Team
- Waila by Prof Mobius
- Waypoints by AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN
- Witchery by Emoniph
- World of Dinos by CannibalVox